Run Life's Course

Run Life's Course
It's The Course and the Finish that Counts

Monday, January 14, 2013

13 Miles Just Because - Mind Over Matter

Being an only child, solace is sometimes being siloed and it is where I operate the best and plan the most. New goals. Another marathon (26.2 miles) is not one of them, been there accomplished now more than 40 in 36 months. I am focused on full body, core strength and training, boxing, and dancing.  That equates to having lots of fun with only positive people around me.  No classes, no negative fitness instructors - only my trainer, Gregg Miele, boxing trainer, KG, and choreographer, Kennis, and my, myself, and I.

Today it's just me so I decided to whip out one of my blue Sauconys and see if I still had the ability to run semi-long distance. Miles 1-4 were a breeze.  Miles 5 - 6 I was thinking "you're almost there and you can quit after 6". After Mile 6 I was telling myself "You don't quit this. This is about you". Miles 7-9 I started enjoying the run and taking in the scenery. Miles 10 and 11 I started wishing I had more time to get in at least another 10 miles. Mile 12 was a coast. Mile 13 I felt like I hadn't accomplished anything.

That's the feeling of a marathoner at heart. Mind over matter.