Run Life's Course

Run Life's Course
It's The Course and the Finish that Counts

Friday, October 8, 2010

What to Do...What to Do?

10-10-10 is the #2 World Major Marathon in the US behind Boston. I am sitting in my meetings at the office and I received two messages indicating that the alert level is GREEN for the day of the marathon. This means great running conditions - not hot and not cold --just perfect.
Maybe I should not run this because I have a good friend's family member in need and I should probably show up for the funeral of his daughter on Saturday. How am I going to get from LA to NY and be there in time for a 1pm Funeral in New Jersey?  Probably not possible.
I also have a friend whose bridal shower is on Saturday in Long Island. (Although she is a relatively new friend - considering I don't consider anyone a friend I have met within two years unless they really prove the solidarity of the character. Judge me later because discernment is everything.) I have already taken her to dinner and told her I would not be able to make it.  Better yet, as a friend, she gave me a pass to miss it because she knew I had the marathon to run the next day. Now that's a friend and I can vouch that she is by far the BOMB!!!
Okay what will I do?  What can I do?  If anyone can make this happen is United Airlines and me. And United did not fail me.