Run Life's Course

Run Life's Course
It's The Course and the Finish that Counts

Monday, March 4, 2013

Getting Back to the Run of Things - Part 1


It is hard to return to running when other priorities have occupied your time. It is harder to even want to return to marathon-ing because it takes too much time that can be devoted to new initiatives and business ventures. No I don't train so I am talking about the travel and time associated to running two marathons a month. And with all the people running/walking marathons now, it just doesn't feel like an accomplishment anymore.  So this month, I will see if I have any renewed interest. 

This week I will wear my new Nike track shoes. Sprint workouts at the local track are better cardio and performance routines. If I can get in 8 1/4 miles and time them for less than 2 minutes each with a 2 minute break in between, I am good for 35 minutes. It's quick and I can focus on my core and arm strength and go to my boxing trainer or my choreographer. 

Check back next week to see how often this routine will be put to the test.