Run Life's Course

Run Life's Course
It's The Course and the Finish that Counts

Friday, May 22, 2009

TGIF

It's Friday and I am working remotely in the comfort of sunny Southern California.  Now I must determine how I can make it through a marathon, having only ever run 6 miles.  It is time to take it to the streets and see if I can do 6 miles with no ESPN Sports News.  An hour and some change later, done!

Back on the Internet, all the research indicates that it takes 4 months to train for a marathon.  I have 2 weeks!

No need to panic.  It only cost me a hundred bucks.  One source reveals that a long run for preparation for a half marathon is 10 miles and 18 miles for a marathon.   In my comprehension that means if I get to 10 and feel like I am going to pass out, cancel my entry in the San Diego Rock and Roll marathon and  find a half-marathon to run.

A phone call results in me having to head back to the East Coast - emergency in New York.  Now panic!  Where am I going to run in NY to test out my endurance?  I guess I will have to ride around and set the odometer and mark 5 miles to get this right.  There goes sunny training and swollen ankles for the flight to JFK.