Run Life's Course

Run Life's Course
It's The Course and the Finish that Counts

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Too Late To Turn Back

Had a good breakfast at the Luxe before my trek to San Diego.  OMG, these ladies at the table next to me are from San Diego.  Note to Self:  Say nothing and ignore them.  You're there for a purpose of running the marathon and not sight-seeing.
They are getting up from the table.  Whew! I made it.
I get to the rental car and map out the trip without 405. (Any thought process of 405 for 2 hours does not even compute in my inner being.)  Hertz Neverlost has me on my way.
2 hours later - I am here!  It pays to do road trips when there is no traffic. I even bypassed the lines at the hotel to check-in.  Convention center is next door.  Off to bib pick-up I go!
I walk into the Convention Center and am stunned by the EXPO.  INCREDIBLE!  Life size Oakley and Under Armour booths.  After picking up my bib and race chip, I walk around to see that EVERY VENDOR has something that will help me finish, run faster, regain energy and relax afterwards but nothing here says pain-free.   Walking around some more and here is Saucony and Under Armour - my absolute favorite workout gear.  Alright I have been here 2 hours, time to get a meal and go to bed.  Because I have no will power of the fun time at the marina, I ordered take-out at the restaurant overlooking the marina - NO PASTA just a burger and fries!