Run Life's Course

Run Life's Course
It's The Course and the Finish that Counts

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Ultimate Test

I wake up at 6AM and make some mental notes to myself.  (I rode around last night and am aware of 6 miles from Point A to Point B from the city to Westchester County.  If I run it once I am good and if I get to the last 4 miles, I can run a half-marathon.)

This is my long run so I will have some orange juice.  I did not read about what to eat so good old Tropicana will have to do the trick.

Mile 1 - 8:  I am cruising along listening to some sermons on my iPod.
Mile 9:  I think I am parched.  I need some water.  There is store on the right and I am going to get me 1 Liter of cold water.  I drink it as I walk and throw the empty bottle in the trash can outside of the hardware store.  Time to go!
Mile 14:  I can not believe I am still going.
Mile 18:  I am thirsty again.  It is time to stop at the store and get some more water.  This time 1 liter of Fiji is great.  I walk three blocks as I drink my Fiji.  All gone...now time to go.
Mile 20:  No turning back because I am in the middle of the run and the house.  I have to do a round-trip to get back to the house.  Legs you can do it.  And they did.
Mile 22 COMPLETE and MARATHON it is!!!

Now my legs feel like I did 3000 squats and my feet are on fire so can I crawl up the steps to my bedroom?  How will I put shoes on for church tomorrow?  Flip flops for the rest of the day and minimal movement.